Neither Product will update the other's file because the KeyPath's end up
different.  You could even change the GUIDs assuming the Directories will never
be the same (they seem to be different in your example).

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Greenberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 12:55
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Does this violate component rules?

Thanks.

Let's say that Product A is installed and installs version 1.0 of
Shared.dll to \path\to\A.  Then, later, product B is installed and
installs version 1.1 of Shared.dll to \path\to\B (same component,
different directory).  Will WI update the other copy of the file to 1.1
or will it remain at 1.0?

Thanks
Ben