WinRAR! I've been using WinRAR for years as my main compressed archive
viewer, but only just recently discovered it has support for creating
self-extracting archives (SFX it calls them) as well! Not only that but it's
by far the best out of all of the ones I've tried.

Namely, it does everything I want, including:

-silent execution (no dialogs)
-ability to execute a file after extraction
-ability to extract to the temp directory and clean up when done
-customizable icon, and customizable dialogs if you do want them shown
-choose whether the final exe requests elevation (specifically I wanted the
ability to NOT request elevation, since most tools I used did this and I
don't like it)

...and tons more. It has seven tabs of customization options for SFX's
alone.

All for a single-dev license of $29. I highly recommend it. The fee is well
worth the self-extraction capabilities alone.

Disclaimer: I don't work for, nor am I affiliated in any way with the WinRAR
guys--I'm just so delighted I found it that I wanted to spread the word.

Cheers,
Logan

-----
A. Logan Murray