From: Amit Shrivastav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 4:20 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE is not working

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my installer using property *UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE. *In
the previous MSI it was not there. now In the latest version i.e. upgraded
msi contains that version. I have an custom action in original msi which
execute at the time of uninstallation. In the upgrade msi i dont want to
execute that custom action at the time of when major upgrade uninstall the
previous product. but i want to execute that in the uninstallation of the
new msi. I am mentioning the condition* *REMOVE="ALL" AND NOT
*UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE
*according to msdn article* **
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa369786.aspx*<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa369786.aspx>
*. *but it is not working. althoug my custom action is executing when major
upgrade uninstall the previous version and when i uninstalling the new
upgraded msi it is not executing.
I am using windows 2003 platform for testing. and wix 3.0 for the
development.

Please let me know if anybody previously faced this issue.
**
Thanks in advance
Amit