Hi again, I'm running into trouble when I'm trying to install/remove/install a
patch which applies to multiple versions of a product. Here's a snippet from
the WXS for the patch in question:

(Imagine I'm upgrading product Foo to version C. Version A and B exist in the
wild.)

            <UpgradeImage src="\Path\To\FooC.msi" Id="UpdateFoo">
                <TargetImage
                    src="\Path\To\FooA.msi"
                    Order="1"
                    Id="FooA"
                    IgnoreMissingFiles="no"
                    Validation = "0x000008A2"
                    />
                <TargetImage
                    src="\Path\To\FooB.msi"
                    Order="2"
                    Id="FooB"
                    IgnoreMissingFiles="no"
                    Validation = "0x000008A2"
                    />
            </UpgradeImage>

Now let's say I apply the patch to an installed copy of version B. The patch
will apply and remove successfully, I can even reapply the patch. Next let's
say I apply the patch to an installed copy of version A. The patch will apply
and remove successfully again, but this time I cannot reapply the patch. (OK so
it obviously doesn't look like it removed successfully.) Can anyone shed some
light on why this is happening? I notice that if I change the order numbers
then it changes which version can be correctly uninstalled, so I imagine that
when I try to remove the changes from version A it is repealing the changes as
though it were version B... if so how can I work around this?

Thanks for any insight, Alex