Hi,

I'm new to DTF and also know little about C#, so this may be a rudimentary
question.

I compiled the DTF ManagedCA\SampleCAs project and added the binary to my WiX
project.
Then, I created custom actions and sequenced them after CostFinalize in
InstallExecuteSequence.

During install, the dialogs appeared and everything seemed OK.  However, the
verbose log contains errors;

Action ended 14:05:50: CostFinalize. Return value 1.
MSI (s) (CC:64) [14:05:50:953]: Doing action: MG_CA_Sample_1
Action 14:05:50: MG_CA_Sample_1.
Action start 14:05:50: MG_CA_Sample_1.
MSI (s) (CC:90) [14:05:50:953]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL:
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSIC.tmp, Entrypoint: SampleCA1
SFXCA: Extracting custom action to temporary directory:
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSIC.tmp-\
SFXCA: Binding to CLR version v2.0.50727
Calling custom action
SampleCAs!Microsoft.Deployment.Samples.ManagedCA.SampleCAs.SampleCA1
Hello from SampleCA1!
CLR version is v2.0.50727.42
Hello from SampleCA1!
CLR version is v2.0.50727.42
Testing summary info...
MSI PackageCode = {2BD279C6-A60C-4D9E-8976-12C8F4616713}
Exception thrown by custom action:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the
target of an invocation. ---> System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation
resulted in an overflow.
   at
Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.RemotableNativeMethods.MsiSummaryInfoGetProperty(Int32
 hSummaryInfo, UInt32 uiProperty, UInt32& uiDataType, Int32& iValue, Int64&
ftValue, StringBuilder szValueBuf, UInt32& cchValueBuf)
   at Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.SummaryInfo.get_Item(UInt32
property, Type type)
   at Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.SummaryInfo.get_LastSaveTime()
   at Microsoft.Deployment.Samples.ManagedCA.SampleCAs.SampleCA1(Session
session)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object
arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes,
RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object
arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle
typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags
invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean
skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags
invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at
Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.CustomActionProxy.InvokeCustomAction(Int32
 sessionHandle, String entryPoint, IntPtr remotingDelegatePtr)
Action ended 14:05:56: MG_CA_Sample_1. Return value 1.
MSI (s) (CC:64) [14:05:56:140]: Doing action: MG_CA_Sample_2
Action 14:05:56: MG_CA_Sample_2.
Action start 14:05:56: MG_CA_Sample_2.
MSI (s) (CC:B8) [14:05:56:156]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL:
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSID.tmp, Entrypoint: SampleCA2
SFXCA: Extracting custom action to temporary directory:
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSID.tmp-\
SFXCA: Binding to CLR version v2.0.50727
Calling custom action
SampleCAs!Microsoft.Deployment.Samples.ManagedCA.SampleCAs.SampleCustomAction2
Hello from SampleCA2!
Hello from SampleCA2!
Action ended 14:05:57: MG_CA_Sample_2. Return value 1.
MSI (s) (CC:64) [14:05:57:843]: Doing action: InstallValidate
Action 14:05:57: InstallValidate. Validating install
Action start 14:05:57: InstallValidate.

Since I'm so green here, I don't know if this is an error in the sample code or
if I compiled incorrectly or added it to WiX incorrectly.

Thanks,
Dale

Dale Quigg  |||  Senior Build / Configuration / Installation Engineer
MessageGate  |||  Enterprise Email Governance