Hi,
Did u ever get the custom action working when using the [WindowsFolder]
property? I use the line below inside the msi wxs file and still no luck...

<CustomAction Id="SetWindowsFolder" Property="WindowsFolder.msm_guid"
Value="[WindowsFolder]"/>

<InstallExecuteSequence>
        <Custom Action="SetWindowsFolder" Before="AppSearch" />
</InstallExecuteSequence>

Heeeelp...
Regards
hegsie