You can't. You can create multiple nearly-identical custom actions,
configured differently, and sequence them conditioned per OS, which is
virtually what you're asking for.

However you probably do not want to do this. I suspect you're asking
because you see a failure running with UAC on Vista that you do not
see running as an administrator on XP. What you haven't seen is the
same failure when running as a non-administrator on XP in a case where
elevation provides the privileges. In short, if you need it to be
deferred on Vista, you probably need it to be deferred everywhere.

--
Michael Urman