Thanks guys. That is right on the money to do with ANSI and UNICODE. I found
this too FYI,

http://n2.nabble.com/Error-executing-sql-scripts-with-WIX-td1488703.html

And the characters in that post were the same ones I had.

But I remember now, the first time I created that script I used visual
studio to create a text file for me. This time around I created a blank file
using notepad and used that.

Thanks,

Peter.