Are the source files there?  It sounds like you might want all of the files
compressed, so make sure your Package/@Compress attribute is set as you expect.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Matthews [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 28, 2008 07:32
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] Merge Module Problem

Hi,

I am trying to install some merge modules in a converted Installshield
project. I have the following in my wix file:-

<Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">

<Directory Id="SystemFolder" SourceName="System32">

<Directory Id="RedistFolder" SourceName="Redist">

<Directory Id="MSFolder" SourceName="MS">

<Directory Id="RedistMSSystemFolder" SourceName="System">

<Merge Id="COMCAT.MSM" Language="0" DiskId="1" SourceFile="C:\this\Merge
Modules\COMCAT.MSM"/>

<Merge Id="COMCT232.MSM" Language="0" DiskId="1"
SourceFile="C:\this\Merge Modules\COMCT232.MSM"/>

<Merge Id="COMCT332.MSM" Language="0" DiskId="1"
SourceFile="C:\this\Merge Modules\COMCT332.MSM"/>

<Merge Id="COMDLG32.MSM" Language="0" DiskId="1"
SourceFile="C:\this\Merge Modules\COMDLG32.MSM"/>

<Merge Id="OLEAUT32.MSM" Language="0" DiskId="1"
SourceFile="C:\this\Merge Modules\OLEAUT32.MSM"/>

<Merge Id="TABCTL32.MSM" Language="0" DiskId="1"
SourceFile="C:\this\Merge Modules\TABCTL32.MSM"/>

<Merge Id="MSCOMCTL.MSM" Language="0" DiskId="1"
SourceFile="C:\this\Merge Modules\MSCOMCTL.MSM"/>

<Merge Id="MSMAPI32.MSM" Language="0" DiskId="1"
SourceFile="C:\this\Merge Modules\MSMAPI32.MSM"/>

</Directory>

</Directory>

</Directory>

</Directory>

</Directory>

When I am going through the install procedure I get the following
problem when installing the first file:-

Error 1309.Error reading from file c:\documents and settings\All
users\Application Data\Laserform\System32\Redist\MS\System\COMCT232.OCX.
Verify that the file exists and that you can access it

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Christopher Matthews
Disclaimer and Confidentiality Notice
This email and any attachment are intended only for the use of the individual
or entity to which it is directed and may contain information which is
confidential.  Access, copying or re-use of information in or attached to this
email by anyone else other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication and you are not the intended recipient
or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this email to the intended
recipient, please inform IRIS on telephone number 01753 212200 and then delete
this email and any attachments from your system.

IRIS makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this
email or any attachments and we may monitor emails sent to and from our server.
Any views or opinions presented in this email or attachment are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of IRIS, its parent,
associates, subsidiaries or affiliates, unless otherwise expressly indicated.

Laserform International Limited  |  Registered in England: 2403332  |
Registered office: Integra House, 138-140 Alexandra Road, London, SW19 7JY