From: hegsie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 12:23 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] C# custom actions in windows 2000 not working

Hi I have a couple of C# custom actions written in wix v3, they seem to work
fine when they are run on windows XP and 2003 (I haven't tried vista) but
when I try to execute these same CA's in Windows 2000 (after the
installfinalize action in the InstallExecuteTable) they fail with 'error
code 0x80020008' in the log.

I have got a CA which runs on the press of a button in one of the dialogs
and it seems to get executed fine (returns 1), but the internal dialog that
it normally displays is never shown.

The other curious thing I've noticed is that the CA's don't write any of the
log messages in 2000, but they get written fine in XP or 2003.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour? Is this operation by design? Can C#
custom actions be used on Windows 2000?