That's just MSI talking to itself.  There must be another error somewhere.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ali-Akber Saifee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 02:42
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Error 2229 when initiating a minor upgrade (when upgrading
an installation based on a transform).

I have an installer from a previous build that was installed on a non
english machine (the language of the base product is english, and i have
transforms for each language (which  moreover only transform the UI
strings).

When i install a minor upgrade i get an error -2229. Digging into the log
results in the following error line:

DEBUG: Error 2229:  Database: . Could not load table 'Control' in SQL query:
SELECT `Control`, `Type`, `X`, `Y`, `Width`, `Height`, `Attributes`,
`Property`, `Text`, `Control_Next`, `Help` FROM `Control` WHERE `Dialog_`=?

Between the two revisions that were being upgraded, I had added a new dialog
into the installer UI sequence. However, this same scenario does *not* fail
if the initial installation was in English.

Is there some kind of rule for minor upgrades that new dialogs or changes in
the InstallUISequence are not permitted (only for transforms?)

--
Ali-Akber Saifee