The permanent setting should still allow updates based on file version.
Hopefully you didn't set the "never overwrite" flag.

Phil Wilson

-----Original Message-----
From: John Lalande [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 12:38 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Upgrading components marked as permanent

Our product includes a TAPI Service Provider (TSP) that requires that it be
installed to System32.  I have read that if a file is installed in System32
it should be marked as permanent.

I have made updates to our TSP but the installer won't upgrade the version
that is installed.  Is there a way to upgrade my permanent TSP?

John