Does anybody have a solution for fixing up RegistryValue elements
generated by heat so that I can specify
Action="createAndRemoveOnUninstall"?  I think this should be doable with
XSL but I'm not sure how to go about it.

For example:
Heat gives me RegistryValues like this:

<RegistryValue Root="HKCR" Key="x\y\z" Name="" Value="abc" Type="string"
Action="write" />
<RegistryValue Root="HKCR" Key="x\y\z" Name="Class" Value="abc"
Type="string" Action="write" />
<RegistryValue Root="HKCR" Key="x\y\z" Name="Assembly" Value="abc"
Type="string" Action="write" />
<RegistryValue Root="HKCR" Key="x\y\z" Name="RuntimeVersion" Value="abc"
Type="string" Action="write" />

I get the result I want by changing them to this format:

 <RegistryKey  Root="HKCR" Key="x\y\z"
Action="createAndRemoveOnUninstall">
        <RegistryValue Name="" Value="abc" Type="string" Action="write" />
        <RegistryValue Name="Class" Value="abc" Type="string"
Action="write" />
        <RegistryValue Name="Assembly" Value="abc" Type="string"
Action="write" />
        <RegistryValue Name="RuntimeVersion" Value="abc" Type="string"
Action="write" />
</RegistryKey>

Does anybody have an XSL transform for doing that or another suggestion? I
Wrote a python script but it's not pretty... I've also looked at
developing heat extensions.

David

The opinions expressed here are my own and don’t necessarily represent
IBM’s positions, strategies or opinions.