I think a launch condition in product A that will only show if product A
is installed and Product B is Installed should work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Tempel [mailto:mark.tem...@shavlik.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 3:49 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Referencing a component that is not part of the
package.

We are trying to figure out if we can do this:

We have two products: Product A, and Product B.

We add a launch condition in Product B so that it will not install if
Product A is not installed.

We would like to find a way to make Product B depend on Product A when
it is installed so that when a user tries to uninstall Product A he will
get a warning 26002 (i.e. "The following products: Product B depend on
Product A").

How would we accomplish this?

Thank you in advance.

--mark

Nevada.
The future of the web can't happen without you.  Join us at MIX09 to
help
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;208669438;13503038;i?http://2009.visitmix.
com/