Drew Turner wrote:
> This approach works great for the scenario when we want to include the
> entire set of binaries.  Although it seems to fall down when we only
> want to include certain components.  For example say I only wanted to
> include the RequiredBinary for a certain project.  I was wondering if
> you had any suggestions on a better structure or technique to share some
> or all of the components.

WiX always links in fragments as a whole, so the solution is to use
multiple fragments: one for each component, then one for each component
group you want to expose. Then use ComponentGroupRef in your product and
WiX will link in the appropriate fragment and then the fragments that
the ComponentGroup refers to via ComponentRef. You can also build up
component groups with other component groups using ComponentGroupRef.

> Everything that I tried resulted in a
> duplicate directory reference or Orphaned components.

Directories can also go into their own fragments and be referenced via
DirectoryRef. Check out how the WiX setup is authored in the sources.zip
file: The product defines top-level directories and fragments use
DirectoryRef to create a parent directory with child Directory elements
to create subdirectories.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/