Sudhakaran, Suraj wrote:
> I am using WiX2.0.
> I have a requirement of patching selected components in a new version.
> AFAIK, patching process will include all the modified files from the old
> and new installer and include them in the patch.
> Is there a way to select what all will be included here rather than all
> the modified files from old to new?

In WiX v3, the patching mechanism supports explicit resource references.
In WiX v2, you're using PatchCreation packages, so you're limited to
what MsiMsp gives you. I believe it includes all changed resources, but
you can explicitly list files to ignore in the UpgradedFilesToIgnore table.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/