Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 10:38:10 -0800
From: Rob Mensching <rob.mensch...@microsoft.com>
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] condition on a feature, greater than or equal
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
        <wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

Yep, what you're seeing is known.  The Windows Installer will convert
Property values to numbers for you when doing comparisons... but only if
the data provide is all digits.  The # in front of DWORDs from RegSearch
is maddening for this reason.  Bob has a design laying around somewhere
for completely replacing AppSearch with a data driven CustomAction that
is more powerful and more useful but that's not in development anywhere.

So, you need to do something to tweak the DWORD into a number (sadly, I
think that means CustomAction).