On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 2:56 AM, Rob Mensching
<rob.mensch...@microsoft.com> wrote:
> VS2008?  Yes.  VS2005?  No, I think that was make.exe... but I'm not an
> expert on the VS build systems. I find modifying build systems in VS to be
> painful since there are so many tiny boxes to type data in and a weird split
> between "debug" and "release".  <shrug/>

MSBuild was in first appeared in VS 2005

FWIW, if you know what you are doing, there is an option in VS to
unload project and for an unloaded project there is an option to Edit
<projectname>.csproj that lets you edit away as xml. For certain
things, I find this faster/easier/less painful.