Hi everone.

In my msi I have a custom action of type 50. The custom action is run if the
user in a dialog chooses to cancel the installation to instead start an
installation of SQL Express 2005 (which in some cases is a prerequisite). The
installation of SQL Express is started asynchronously so my msi will have
plenty of time to terminate before the SQL Express installation has finished
extracting its files.

My problem is that Vista does not show the UAC dialog when the SQL Express
installation is started. This causes the installation of SQL Express to fail as
it does not have the privileges to open some file (the log file from the SQL
Express installation does not show which file).

Is executables always started without privileges?

Can I tell Vista that the executable should be run with privileges?

Best regards

Peter Björkman