I have looked at the sample program in C:\Program
Files\InstallShield\2009\Samples\WindowsInstaller\Managed Custom
Actions\C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\Samples\WindowsInstaller\Managed
Custom Actions, and I read the documentation on it that someone had created.
I can follow much of it, but what to also know how to do a DTF Managed
custom action.  This all being new to me (C#, DTF), I need a little more
than I have found, or, I need to better understand it.  Right now I am
looking to convert a small installer that uses Vbscript to basically find
and read and modify files on the disk, get and if possible set properties,
etc. I am pretty sure that I can figure out the C# code to do this, I am
just not aware of how to get the Installshield MSI project to work with it.

Is there an example (with documentation also if possible), that shows DTF
Managed CA's being called from an InstallShield 2009 MSI project?  Would you
use the same settings as above when creating the custom action in the IDE?

What exactly would you have to do in VS 2008, is it just a matter of
including the "using Microsoft.DeploymentWindowsInstall", and manually
putting in "[CustomAction]", or do you need to have installed xyz on your
system, and have added something to Visual Studio?

Looking at
http://blog.deploymentengineering.com/2008/05/deployment-tools-foundation-dt
f-custom.html is not intuitive to me.  Things like "We can fix this though
by running a postbuild step with a DTF utility called MakeSfxCA.exe."
totally loose me...I have to do this?

Thanks

Lou