Dear all,

after some research I found a workaround:

I do wrap my msi to an exe file with setupbld now by using the command line
option -msuc (c added). c means "enable msi caching". So the whole msi gets
cached in Windows\Installer. On uninstall the msi file will be found by MSI and
the message box: "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource
that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a
folder containing the installation package 'IIsInstallerProblem.msi' in the box
below."  doesn't  appear.

I don't know if this is ok. What's your opinion?

I don't know why I need the switch in this case (reference to IIsExtensions)
but in the other cases (without IIsExtensions) not.
("Resolving source" between -Action ended 09:17:40: CommitMetabaseTransaction
and -Action start 09:18:35: ConfigureIIsExec.)

Many thanks to Bob, he gave me a good starting point ("Check a verbose log to
see what resource MSI is looking for from the original database").

Kind regards,
Uwe