From: Little Forest [mailto:little.for...@ymail.com]
Sent: Wed 04/02/2009 00:18
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] WiX 3.0: how to create Quick Launch shortcut and
Desktop shortcut?

Thanks Neil.

After hours searching, I found out this:
http://www.dizzymonkeydesign.com/blog/misc/adding-and-customizing-dlgs-in-wix-3/
I followed the instructions in the post above, and I added Desktop Shortcut
support successful.
But, when I tried to followed the same way to add "Quick Launch shortcut", I
got problems:
ICE64
Here is the code:
<Directory Id="AppDataFolder">
<Directory Id="Microsoft" Name="Microsoft">
<Directory Id="InternetExplorer" Name="Internet Explorer">
<Directory Id="QuickLaunchFolder" Name="Quick Launch" >
</Directory>
</Directory>
</Directory>
</Directory>

.... ...
<DirectoryRef Id="QuickLaunchFolder">
<Component Id="QuickLaunchShortcut" Guid="32AB3786-02F5-45C8-9E6F-04A6041EB4FF">
<Condition>INSTALLQUICKLAUNCHSHORTCUT</Condition>
<RegistryKey Root="HKCU" Key="MyCompany\MyApp"
Action="createAndRemoveOnUninstall">
<RegistryValue Name="QuickLaunchSC" Value="1" Type="integer" KeyPath="yes"/>
</RegistryKey>
<Shortcut Id="QuickLaunchShortcut" Directory="QuickLaunchFolder"
                          Name="My App" ShortName="MyApp"
Target="[INSTALLLOCATION]$(var.FileOutput)"/>
<RemoveFolder Id="RemoveQuickLaunchFolder" On="uninstall"/>
</Component>
</DirectoryRef>

As you can see, I did add RemoveFolder for Component.But the compiler complaint
that:
error LGHT0204: ICE64: The directory InternetExplorer is in the user profile
but is not listed in the RemoveFile table.
error LGHT0204: ICE64: The directory Microsoft is in the user profile but is
not listed in the RemoveFile table.
Question:
What can I do to remove these errors?
Thanks.
/Brian

________________________________
For the desktop you can use a standard Windows Installer directory reference
(see the SDK). For quick launch the only way I have found is to use this:
<Directory Id="AppDataFolder">
<Directory Id="Microsoft" Name="Microsoft">
<Directory Id="InternetExplorer" Name="Internet Explorer">
<Directory Id="QuickLaunchFolder" Name="Quick Launch" />
</Directory>
</Directory>
</Directory>

Neil