From: Tomasz Grobelny [mailto:tomasz.grobe...@comarch.pl]
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 09:28
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Costing and external UI

I want to write external UI for my installer. The basics work just fine but I
wonder how can I get information about disk space to be used. I googled that
I have to call CostInitialize, FileCost and CostFinalize standard actions
through MsiDoAction. Fine, but how do I read information calculated by these
actions into my UI?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa368048(VS.85).aspx says the
information will be available through Component table, but I don't see how -
it doesn't have the "size" column. Thanks in advance,