From: Brian Rogers [mailto:rogers.br...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 1:52 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Unresolved reference to
symbol'Directory:INSTALLDIR'

Hey James,

Now you are asking me to give you information that is not a best
practice (hard coding to a drive) <grin/>. It would be best that you
specify, using all CAPITAL LETTERS (this is a public property in Windows
Installer) the two different root directories.

<Directory Id="ROOT_DIR1" Name="ROOT_DIR1">
   <Directory Id="SubDir1" Name="SubDir1" /> </Directory> <Directory
Id="ROOT_DIR2" Name="ROOT_DIR2">
   <Directory Id="SubDir2" Name="SubDir2" /> </Directory> Then, when
executing the MSI via the command line use something like this:

msiexec /i product.msi ROOT_DIR1=D:\SomeFolder1 ROOT_DIR2=D:\SomeFolder2

Hope that helps,

Brian Rogers
"Intelligence removes complexity." - Me
http://icumove.spaces.live.com