From: Doran Wellnitz [mailto:dor...@microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 17:20
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] WiX 3.0 + MSBuild Issues

Were you able to actually get that working?

I just tried that approach, but I get the exact same behavior.  I think
that makes sense since after the properties are calculated, you still
end up with the same string value
(DefineConstants=Name1=Value1;Name2=Value2 and only the first pair is
being recognized).

Here's a snippet from how I implemented your suggestions:
    <CreateProperty Condition="$(CoreDrop) != ''"
Value="COREDROP=$(CoreDrop);$(DefineConstants)">
      <Output TaskParameter="Value" PropertyName="DefineConstants" />
    </CreateProperty>

    <CreateProperty
Value="DOCDROP=\\rpd-drops\Documents;$(DefineConstants)">
      <Output TaskParameter="Value" PropertyName="DefineConstants" />
    </CreateProperty>

    <Message Text="MSBUILD TRACING: $(DefineConstants)" />

    <MSBuild Projects="$(SolutionRoot)\Build\Core.sln"
Properties="DefineConstants=$(DefineConstants)" />

Thanks,
DoranW