Thanks for ur reply Brian,

I will tell you how things use to work in installShield

there we have once section by the name SupportFiles, where we can add our
files which we need not to install on the target machine but can use for our
logic(do certain things, like registring few things) on fly.

When installer runs, these files are copied to the TEMP directory on the
target machine which we can access by using SUPPORTDIR property in
Installshield.
Can you throw some light on this ?

And how to achieve the same in WIX?

Thanks!