I wrote a custom action that I call at an uninstall time. Right now, I have
something like...

<CustomAction Id="UninstallAction" BinaryKey="..." DllEntry="..."
Impersonate='no' Execute="deferred" Return="check"/>

<InstallExecuteSequence>
   .
   .
   .
   <Custom Action=UninstallAction Before='RemoveRegistryValues'>
REMOVE~="ALL" and NOT REINSTALL </Custom>
</InstallExecuteSequence>

I am calling the uninstall CA before RemoveRegistryValues because the CA
needs some of the registry values.

I originally had the uninstall CA condition as REMOVE~="ALL" only. But then
this uninstall CA was executed when I
tried to reinstall the msi package. This wasn't what I wanted. I want the
uninstall CA to be run only when user
uninstalls the package. So I put NOT REINSTALL to prevent that.

1) My first question is why was the uninstall CA invoked when I tried to
reinstall? I still can't figure it out till today.
    I've also seen some other people using NOT REINSTALL cond for their
uninstall CA. Why do we need this?
2) What does REMOVE~="ALL" exactly mean? where can I find info on WiX
condition macros like this? I sometimes feel that WiX is way
underdocumented.
    All the blogs that I searched say REMOVE~="ALL" means "During
uninstall." But look what happened when I trusted
    this word by word. I encoutered the problem at 1). I am looking for much
less vague and more accurate answer like
    this means none of the installed components are removed, or something
like that. Is this true? If this is true, then I
    think I might have answered 1) above. Since during reinstall, none of
the components would have been removed.

Thanks!