I'm fairly new to WiX and am trying to do use merge modules for the
first time (I'm fluent in InstallShield, but want to move away from it).

Anyway, I'm trying to have my merge module create a couple of
environment variables at install time, both of which will have
[INSTALLDIR] as part of its value. I figured I ought to use the
[TARGETDIR] property of the merge module. However, when I do that, all I
get is "C:\" when the real install location is that plus some
directories (i.e., "C:\Program Files\MyCompany\MyApp").

The following is my Install code and my Merge Module code. My assumption
is that I'm doing something wrong. How can I get the full path.

BTW: I also tried referencing [INSTALLDIR], [INSTALLLOCATION], and
others but to no avail. Those didn't give me any value whatsoever.

Install Code:

<Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">

    <Directory Id="ProgramFilesFolder">

        <Directory Id="COMPANYLOCATION" Name="MyCompany">

            <Directory Id="PRODUCTLOCATION" Name="MyProduct">

                <Directory Id="INSTALLLOCATION" Name='2.0.0'>

                    <Merge Id='CoreFilesMM' Language="1033"
SourceFile='..\Spectrum11MergeModule\bin\Debug\Spectrum11MergeModule.msm
' DiskId='1' />

                </Directory>

            </Directory>

        </Directory>

    </Directory>

</Directory>

Merge Module Code:

<Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">

    <Component Id="EnvironmentVars"
Guid="F50F41C2-7777-4680-8B50-741F96C8D8D6">

        <Environment Id="envHome" Action="create" Name="SPECTRUM_HOME"
System="yes" Value="[TARGETDIR]"/>

        <Environment Id="envLogDir" Action="create"
Name="SPECTRUM_LOGDIR" System="yes" Value="[TARGETDIR]\logs"/>

    </Component>

    <?include Config.wxi ?>

    <?include Libraries.wxi ?>

    <?include Converter.wxi ?>

    <?include Templates.wxi ?>

</Directory>

---
Bradford Younie
Senior Software Engineer
Chase Paymentech Solutions
4 NE Blvd
Salem, NH 03079-1952
Fax: 603-896-813
bradford.you...@chasepaymentech.com

Learn more about Chase Paymentech Solutions,LLC payment processing services at
www.chasepaymentech.com.

THIS MESSAGE IS CONFIDENTIAL.  This e-mail message and any attachments are
proprietary and confidential information intended only for the use of the
recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
print, distribute, or copy this message or any attachments.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail
and delete this message and any attachments from your computer.