Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 19:21:43 -0800
From: Bob Arnson <b...@joyofsetup.com>
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Disk usage
To: "General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset."
        <wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

Simon Topley wrote:
> I'm sure this is old ground but we have many features in our installer
> that are hidden, so when users are installing they see the disk usage
> for our one feature that isn't hidden and notice that the size is very
> small. Is there some sort of hack to trick the installer into sizing
up
> every feature into one feature. Like a top level feature that includes
> all others?

You can nest all features under a single parent Feature but not
"redirect" the costs of hidden features elsewhere (i.e., to another
hidden feature).

The WiX solution is to not use features for grouping shared/mandatory
components: Use ComponentGroups instead.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/

Registered in the UK, company no: 02288719
Wallingford Software Limited, Howbery Park, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 8BA