Von: Weber Stefan (IT) [mailto:s.we...@noerr.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 11. März 2009 08:19
An: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Betreff: Re: [WiX-users] Self repair of files in user profile

Could anyone help me out with this ?

Thanks,
Stefan

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Weber Stefan (IT) [mailto:s.we...@noerr.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. März 2009 13:02
An: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Betreff: [WiX-users] Self repair of files in user profile

Hello,

iam playing around with the self repair function of windows installer, but cant
get it word like I expect it to work ;-)

What I got so far is:

<File Id="_F_0001" Source="pfiles\notepad.exe" Vital="yes" KeyPath="yes">
  <Shortcut Id="_F_0001_S" Name="Notepad++" Directory="DesktopFolder"
Advertise="yes" WorkingDirectory="INSTALLDIR" Description="Startet Notepad++" />
</File>

I added an advertised Shortcut.

<DirectoryRef Id="NotepadAppData" DiskId="2">
  <Component Id="_C_F_1001" Guid="9bccf92a-c69e-42fa-80f8-0e8a8ace2099">
   <RegistryValue Action="write" Root="HKCU"
Key="Software\[Manufacturer]\[ProductName]" Name="Config" Value="1"
Type="integer" KeyPath="yes" />
   <CreateFolder/>
   <File Id="config.xml" Source="appdata\config.xml" />
   <RemoveFolder Id="DeleteNotepadAppData" On="uninstall"/>
  </Component>
</DirectoryRef>

A component which installs a file config xml to %appdata%\Notepad++ along with
a registry key as key path (ICE91)

<ComponentGroup Id="_CG_M_1001">
 <ComponentRef Id="_C_F_1001"/>
</ComponentGroup>

A component group with a reference to above component

<Feature Id="UserSettings" Title="Configure User" Level="1">
  <ComponentGroupRef Id="_CG_M_1001"/>
</Feature>

And a feature which should handle the Usersettings. The complete code is much
longer it installs notepad++ along with a per-user configuration. The
installation and configuration runs very well, but only for the user who
installs it.

How can I tell windows installer to execute the UserSettings Feature (or repair
the component if the registry value is missing) when a user clicks on the
Advertised shortcut ?

Thank you in advance,

Stefan