> Thank you for the reply.
> I tested this on windows 2008,2003 and XP, on all of these machine
actual
> ram size is 2048MB
> But in wix it shows PhysicalMemory = 2005.
> So it's causing problem for me.
> I can't put  PhysicalMemory >= 2048 condition.
>
> so what's the solution?
>
> Please help. Thank you in advance.

How about PhysicalMemory >= 2000?

It's kinda funny, but I'm actually serious.

Most machines that claim to have like 1 Gb memory "on paper" often seem
to show up as having 1020 Mb or similar give or take a few megs, they do
in our team. Thus, you should expect some natural variation in memory
available and I'm not sure Windows Installer is actually wrong here btw.

Don't know your situation, but you might have other options than to
enforce this the "hard" way using Win Installer only.

For instance, on our team our app memory requirements are 1 Gb memory.
For us, this limit has been set rather arbitrary based on what our app
needs for reasonable performance while still allowing the user to do
work using a few other normal apps at the same time.

Now most customers can meet those reqs, but not all. Knowing that
hardware upgrades can be expensive (esp for a whole org) our approach
has been to give some leeway on behalf of the customer while still
enforcing our HW standards.

This is how we do this.

We allow the application to install even if the HW is sub par (512 Mb is
our minimum level to allow install at all, since we feel it would simply
not be usable at all below that).

When the app starts we instead log the sub par HW and light a warning
icon in the toolbar of the application window. When hovered, a tooltip
informs the user that he might not experience full app performance
because his HW (blabla) is below minimum reqs. We light this warning
icon for 5 min after launch so it is not too annoying.

We like this approach because we feel allowing the user to do work using
a potentially slow app is better than stopping him altogether as long as
he is informed. If the user is unhappy about performance, he hopefully
now knows he should upgrade HW first before blaming the product or
calling customer support. If not, support can read the logs and do this
for him.

We do the same based on CPU speed.

Maybe something that can help you, dunno.

/Mathias