On Wednesday 01 April 2009 22:47:46 Alex Cater wrote:
> I suggest you break the problem down to isolate the cause:
>
> 1. Simplify the authoring to just install the web files (or simply a
> reduced set) and test: a) Install, uninstall
>     b) Install, upgrade, uninstall
>
> Then flesh it out gradually...
>
> 2. Cut to the chase and use the ComPlusExtension to manage the COM+ stuff.
> You're clearly already aware that using immediate CAs to modify the system
> is a very bad idea. Why exactly is it 'beyond my control'??
1. Yea I will try that. I've been trying before and not had many consistent
results (I felt posting on here was a long shot really, more of a "with any
luck someone will look at it and go, umm your not supposed to do that else it
will cause that", no such luck I guess :-) ). Often when debuging it works
then one day it stops (at moment using it as part of automated installs for a
test rig, every so often it stops updating files, but lately been consistently
failing, with the odd success). I guess I will just have to be persistent,
sooner or later I will notice something I am doing wrong I guess :-).

2. Developers above me. I originally set up using the COM+ extension then when
someone found out, I was queried and basically asked to move back to the
custom scripts we had used before. In the end its not my decision. I can sort
of understand their thinking, "its never failed us before so why change it",
but that's not a justification I always agree with.

Cheers for the suggestions,
Adam