Hi,

 I need some help on wix. The installer works fine it installs the service and
then starts the service. The service starts as soon as it is installed. i want
to launch a notepad (Configuration file) in the middle of service install and
start.
Ideally I want that when the installation of service is completed the installer
should lanunch the notepad rather than starting the service directly and when
the user edits and save the notepad then it should start the service.
I am able to launch the notepad on the exit dialog with a checkbox but i want
it to be launched in the middle of service install and start.
I am not quite sure if it is possible in wix.
After some research on the internet I found that <xmlfile> has been used to
edit the config files, but I am not quite sure of using this one because my
config file has multiple sub elements for some elements. I think this approach
is better when we have to edit small number of values.

I am not sure if someone has used <xmlfile> approach for large config file, any
other alternatives or ideas will be really appreciated.

cheers.

Niaz

This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain privileged
information. If you are not the addressee you must not copy, distribute,
disclose
or use any of the information in it. If you have received it in error please
delete
it and immediately notify the sender.

PureCM.com Limited. Registered in England and Wales.
Company Number : 0505 3024

Registered Office : Charter House, Charter Way, Hurdsfield,  Macclesfield,
Cheshire. SK10 2NG