From: Gremlin [mailto:postingpl...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 4:35 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] How to start an existing service

Hello,
I want to start the service NetTcpPortSharing which is installed (and
set to disabled) with the installation of the .Net 3.5 framework. How
can I start the service in my installation? Is it possible with the
ServiceInstall/ServiceControl - tags? I tried this, but I got an
error...

<Component Id="SERV_NetTcpPortSharingService"
Guid="{138CAB80-7529-45aa-9CA5-283397A3FCDF}">
    <ServiceInstall Id="ServInst_NetTcpPortSharingService"
Name="NetTcpPortSharing"  Start="auto" Type="ownProcess"
ErrorControl="normal"/>
    <ServiceControl Id="ServCont_NetTcpPortSharingService"
Name="NetTcpPortSharing" Start="both" Wait="yes" Stop="uninstall"/>
</Component>

Thank's,
Chris