In custom actions, external dependencies are recommended against. If you
have common code you need to share, consider putting that into a static
library and linking that into both CAs. It's a little extra overhead, but is
more robust and safer than streaming out binary dependencies at install
time.

You should also consider DLLs CAs as well which have many benefits, as
detailed here:
http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2007/10/24/exe-custom-actions-are-bad.aspx.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Leo ... <dangle...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> How could I include two binaries where one references the other in the
> binary stream for use as custom actions?
>

> For example:
>
> file binary1.exe references dll binary2.dll when it gets executed.
>

> Will including both of these binaries in the binary streams as follows
> work?  Or is there something else I need to do?
>

> <Binary Id="binary1.exe" SourceFile="$(SourcePath)\binary1.exe" />
>

> <Binary Id="binary2.dll" SourceFile="$(SourcePath)\binary2.dll" />
>

> Thanks,
>
> ---Leo

Heath Stewart
Deployment Technologies Team, Microsoft