From: Sudripta Nandy (Sarangsoft Corporation) [mailto:v-su...@microsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 3:22 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Run executable after setup

After the completion of my setup, I need to launch the main executable of the
software. In the manifest file of the main executable the execution level has
been set to 'requireAdministrator'. The wix file has a custom action to launch
the main executable. The custom action is given as:

<CustomAction Id="StartApp" Directory="INSTALLDIR"
                      ExeCommand="[INSTALLDIR]MyApp.exe" Return="asyncNoWait" />

The problem is that the MSI is failing to launch the executable and returning
the error code 1631... this is probably because the application needs to run
with elevated privileges.

I can't run the executable in deferred mode as I need to run it at a very late
stage (after completing the setup, when the user clicks the 'Finish' button on
my final dialog). Because in deferred mode I need to sequence it between
InstallInitialize and InstallFinalize.

Any ideas on how to run the executable...