My example depended on having the CollabNet distribution of subversion. Find
out where svnversion.exe lives on your system.

I expect <Message Text="Version: $(Revision)"/> to print something like the
following:

Version: 5425

Are you declaring DefineConstants in the same target where <SvnVersion/> runs?
If not, then $(Version) will contain the default value (empty string) and cause
problems. Perhaps I can be of more help if you show me your *.wixproj file.

Edwin G. Castro
Software Developer - Staff
Electronic Banking Services
Fiserv
Office: 503-746-0643
Fax: 503-617-0291
www.fiserv.com
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail