1. The web stuff I'm not sure about. It's likely possible using custom
actions as with most things. Someone else may have tried something
similar but I don't think pulling arbitrary files off a web server is
supported by default in the Windows Installer.

2. Very possible using standard Windows Installer UI controls. Have a
look at the InstallDirDlg.wxs in the WiX 3.0 sources which does pretty
much what you're trying to here except you'd need to hook it into the
radio buttons first. You can even use the BrowseDlg in WiXUI without
modification for your browse button. Neil Sleightholm's blog on
customizing the WiXUI at
http://neilsleightholm.blogspot.com/2008/08/customised-uis-for-wix.html
should help point you in the right direction.

Personally I'd tackle it as 2 separate issues and get the second part
working as you'd like it to first, as the web stuff looks like it could
take a lot of time to get working right but that's me and I could be
wrong.

Good luck

Palbinder Sandher
Software Deployment & IT Administrator
T: +44 (0) 141 945 8500
F: +44 (0) 141 945 8501

http://www.iesve.com
**Design, Simulate + Innovate with the <Virtual Environment>**
Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No.
SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park,
Glasgow G20 0SP
Email Disclaimer