HI Again,

i have 1 final issue with my Wix Install, one of my colleagues has written a
c++ dll which is basically a Network Folder Browser.

I want to Call this Custom Action from a Dialog and return a path value.

Obviously it is not working currently, there is no error, when you click on
the associated browse button it just moves you to the Finish dialog, and
doesn't install.

This is the code i have so far

<Binary Id="WiXFolderBrowse"
SourceFile="$(var.SourceDirectory)\CustomActions\WiXFolderBrowse.dll" />

<CustomAction Id="NetworkBrowserDialog" BinaryKey="WiXFolderBrowse"
DllEntry="BrowseDlg" Execute="immediate" />

and i have this inside a Dialog -

<Control Id="Browse" Type="PushButton" X="260" Y="88" Width="65" Height="15"
Text="&amp;Browse..." TabSkip="no">
        <Publish Event="DoAction" Value="NetworkBrowserDialog">1</Publish>
        <Publish Event="NewDialog" Value="ReadyToInstall">NOT SERVER_ROOT =
"" AND NETWORK_OK = 1</Publish>
        <Publish Property="DATA_ROOT" Value="[SERVER_ROOT]">1</Publish>
        <Publish Event="[SERVER_ROOT]" Value="[SERVER_ROOT]">1</Publish>
      </Control>

The dll returns the value SERVER_ROOT

basically the question i have is am i missing something ?

I have seen lot of examples of custom action but not any that are called
from a Dialog so i am not sure.