From: Mathieu Cartoixa [mailto:mathieu.carto...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 4:43 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] How to check for installed package in WiX 3.0 ?

Wilson, Phil a écrit :
> If the UpgradeCode for Crystal is reliable you could make an Upgrade table
> entry for it with "only search" for the range of versions you expect -
> that'll set a property you can use in a type 19 custom action.

Mmmh... I have to admit I am far from being an expert in Windows
Installer concepts. Do you have any links, or could you translate this
in WiX tags that allow to achieve this (especially the "type 19 custom
action" which is cryptic to me, to say the least) ? Pseudo WiX code
would be more than enough.

Anyway, as I learned not to rely on anything concerning Crystal Reports,
I'll probably stick with Eric's method for the time being.

Thanks for your help.

Mathieu Cartoixa