Hi All,

We use the following script to create the virtual directory:
        <!-- Directory structure -->
        <Directory Id="CAPDIR" Name="SourceDir">
            <!-- Install as Virtual Directory -->
            <Component Id="WebSiteComponent"
Guid="E14CE907-864C-4362-9B40-7FE3B2A3446A">
                <WebVirtualDir Id="[VIRTUALDIR]" Alias="[VIRTUALDIR]"
Directory="HOMESITE"  WebSite="HomeWebSite">
                    <WebApplication Id="HomeWebApplication" Name="[VIRTUALDIR]"
 WebAppPool="HomePool"/>
                </WebVirtualDir>
            </Component>
        </Directory>

It works fine on our test and demo environment machines; however fails to
create the virtual directory on most of our production environment boxes.

Is there a way to identify the failure during the installation?
Does this script create any logs in case of failure?
What could be the possible causes behind this?
Do I need to change the GUID every time i create a new Virtual directory?

I tried different blogs and online searches, but i couldn't find any answer.
Please help if anybody has a clue or have faced the same problem in past.

Thanks much for all your help!
-baljot