See http://wix.sourceforge.net/manual-wix3/votive_project_templates.htm
A wixlib is a wix library.  Consider it wix's form of a staticly linked
library.  If you don't need to share your MSM externally you could just compile
a wixlib of fragments instead, add a reference to the wixlib in all of your
products that need the registry keys, then add a componentref to the components
in the wixlib that contain the keys you need to reuse.
FWIW I don't really understand why you wouldn't include the file in the MSM.
-Eric

> Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 11:06:22 -0400
> From: sonukap...@gmail.com
> To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Using INSTALLDIR in MSM That Eventually Reflects
> the MSIs INSTALLDIR
>
> I dont know what WixLib is. I am googleing...
>
> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 11:00 AM, Eric St.John
> <eric.st.j...@hotmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Have you considered using a WixLib to do this?
>>
>>> Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 20:17:30 -0700
>>> From: jonathan.new...@ni.com
>>> To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
>>> Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Using INSTALLDIR in MSM That Eventually Reflects
>> the MSIs INSTALLDIR
>>>

>>> Hi Bob,
>>>
>>> The problem is that the exe that I am referencing is actually in the MSI
>>> that I am merging into. Basically the MSM just contains a bunch of static
>>> registry entries (i.e. basically just adding the registry keys for the
>> exe's
>>> type library information). If I just [#blah.exe] in the MSM, it still
>>> appends the guid which doesn't map to [#blah.exe] in the MSI.
>>>
>>> The reason its an MSM is because these registry keys are merged into all
>> the
>>> different products that contain the blah.exe file.
>>>
>>> Maybe the way things are setup now isn't the best way. I'd be happy to
>>> restructure if that was the better solution.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> --

>> Hotmail® has ever-growing storage! Don’t worry about storage limits.
>>
>> http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/Storage?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_Storage1_052009

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.