Hello,
I am new to WIX and MSI packages.
Requirement :
1. Put in "DLL" and "event manifest" under %ProgramFiles%.
2. Register the "DLL" [ By making call to "regsvr32 dllname" ]
3. Install the "event manifest" [ By making call to "wevtutil im
manifest" ]
I need to satisfy these 3 requirements as a part of MSI installation package.
So that whenever MSI installation completes all the above 3 requirements are
addressed.
1. Which is the best way to do it?
a. Are their some tags etc. which can support registration of DLL?
2. My solution & Problems :
a. For steps 2 & 3 above, I wrote a ".cmd" file and invoked that ".cmd"
file at the end of installation, as a part of "CustomAction"
i. DLL
doesn't get installed, because ".cmd" should run under "elevated" mode. I could
not find out how to run the ".cmd" file in elevated mode.
Attached is the ".wxs" file that I have created. It is fairly small. Please
have a look at it and let me know the best solution for my problems.
Thanks,
Shrirang
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Register Now for Creativity and Technology (CaT), June 3rd, NYC. CaT
is a gathering of tech-side developers & brand creativity professionals. Meet
the minds behind Google Creative Lab, Visual Complexity, Processing, &
iPhoneDevCamp as they present alongside digital heavyweights like Barbarian
Group, R/GA, & Big Spaceship. http://p.sf.net/sfu/creativitycat-com
_______________________________________________
WiX-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/wix-users