Bob-

 I'm curious, how would you handle a requirement like below?

Scenario:  chainer that installs 3rd party installs

3rd party package A, B and C.  All three packages install a service.

For package C, if A and/or B is installed, add A and/or B as dependencies of C.
 Natively, C doesn't express any such dependency and it's an integration
request from our internal dev team that interops with these packages.   I think
the whole scenario is bunk but you know how people don't want to listen
sometimes.

Chris

Christopher Painter, Author of Deployment Engineering Blog
Have a hot tip, know a secret or read a really good thread that deserves
attention? E-Mail Me