Hi,
While attempting to build larger than average patches with WiX 3.0.5308.0, and
using Admin Images, Pyro crashes returning the following message:

pyro.exe : error PYRO0296 : An error (E_FAIL) was returned while adding files
to a CAB file. This most commonly happens when creating a CAB file 2 GB or
larger. Either reduce the size of your installation package, raise
Media/@CompressionLevel to a higher compression level, or split your
installation package's files into more than one CAB file.

I'm able to build patches successfully, by shrinking the PatchFamily's. I've
tested this with:
  1) Older versions of WiX.
  2) Other Installations.
  3) Other Workstations.

A clear repeatible patern has emerged. Once the cabinet exceeds (about) 720MB,
Pyro crashes. I sat watching WiX's temp files in the temp folder, and there is
always one WiX file which balloons (Presumably it's the cabinet). Varying the
Computer running WiX causes the ultimate size the temp file can reach to vary.
Using older versions of WiX doesn't make much difference. I can't get the Patch
to approach 2GB, which it should be able to achieve (I believe).

To work around this I've tried generating Delta Patches (command-line switch
-delta), which unfortunately causes Pyro to Crash very quickly.

I think this is the same problem described in Sourceforge Bugs item #1708072,
which concerns arbitrary size limits on cabinets in MSI's.

Can anybody suggest something constructive?
Shall I raise a Bug?

Regards

Martin Lavelle