Wixlibs are just a collection of compiled outputs and binaries. When you
include them in your project, you must reference something from them (unlike
MSMs that are merged in regardless of the target product). As if you used
different fragments - one that defined a Component and another in your
product that referenced it with a ComponentRef - it's no different for a
wixlib. So if your wixlib defined Component/@Id="C", then your product
should reference the wixlib (as you've done in VS) and add
ComponentRef/@Id="C". That will pull in any other authoring within the same
fragment, or any other fragments referenced by the first fragment
(recursively). It's just like referencing symbols with multiple files during
linkage.

Wixlibs can contain anything you can put in a fragment normally, but to use
the wixlib a fragment must define a symbol (something with a corresponding
*Ref element).

Heath Stewart
Deployment Technologies Team, Microsoft
http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths