I am starting on my first WIX Installer Package. Thanks in advance for all
the information I have read to get me this far. In my installation, I put 3
radio buttons to install a Demo, Advanced or Network version. I am going to
have all 3 options on the CD/DVD. Some files are shared between the 3 and
some are not. Should I create "fragment" libraries for each and then have
the shared files in the main .wxs file or is there a better way? Where do I
need to create the different Program Files tree structure because Demo has a
different tree structure and Advanced and the Network version have the same
tree structure so I don't want to create the Demo Tree if it is not being
installed.
Also, when I go to install different applications, can I "spawn" other
MSI's? With parameters or is it better to have the MSI read registry entries
or ini files?
I am going to have many more questions and will also try to answer some
because being new, there are a lot of brick walls.
Thanks