From: Christopher Painter [mailto:chr...@deploymentengineering.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2009 5:25 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net; Ekbote, Rahul
Subject: RE: [WiX-users] TCP/IP problem

I see you install the InstallShield on your machine and then heat the
directory.   When you say it blows up your network settings on uninstall, which
install and machine are you referring to?

1) InstallShield uninstall on your machine

2) WiX uninstall on another machine

3) Other

If the answer is #1, my article describes a hotfix to rebuild the install so it
won't do this on uninstall.

If the answer is #2, I'd suggest looking at the generated WXS files for
<Registery>  elements that touch
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlServices\TCPIP.   If you find any,
remove them and file a bug against heat on sourceforge.

Christopher Painter, Author of Deployment Engineering Blog
Have a hot tip, know a secret or read a really good thread that deserves
attention? E-Mail Me