From: Brian Rogers [mailto:rogers.br...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 9:51 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Multiple Files in one component vs a single
fileper component

Hey Jim,

This is one issue. I don't have the full description right now.

Do you have one file per component? If not, which one is the keypath and
which one are you updating. If you are not updating the keypath, nothing
in the component will be updated.

http://blogs.msdn.com/pmarcu/archive/2007/06/28/sample-patch.aspx

Thanks,

Brian Rogers
"Intelligence removes complexity." - Me
http://icumove.spaces.live.com

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 7:48 AM, MacDiarmid, James D <
james.macdiar...@eds.com> wrote:

> What is the impact patch/fix on doing an upgrade/patch/fix if I have
> multiple files in one component versus having a single file per
> component?   I remember reading something about this but I can't seem
> locate it now.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

------
Are you an open source citizen? Join us for the Open Source Bridge
conference!
Portland, OR, June 17-19. Two days of sessions, one day of unconference:
$250.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;215844324;13503038;v?http://opensourcebrid
ge.org