I haven't coded how to do it in an MSI installer, (I have a Perl module
that installs WiX if it isn't installed, instead) but there is a
registry key that could be searched for:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Installer
XML\3.0\ProductVersion will contain the version of WiX that is
installed.

--Curtis

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:03 -0400, "John Robbins" <j...@wintellect.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> WiX 3.0 uses a Product Id="*" to autogenerate a product ID. Say you
> wanted to build a tool that required WiX 3.0. How would your installer
> correctly determine that any build of WiX 3.0 was installed?
>
> John
> Wintellect
> http://www.wintellect.com
> 877-968-5528

Curtis Jewell
swords...@csjewell.fastmail.us

%DCL-E-MEM-BAD, bad memory
-VMS-F-PDGERS, pudding between the ears

[I use PC-Alpine, which deliberately does not display colors and pictures in
HTML mail]